Sunday, July 7, 2013

July ETM

I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! We didn't do much, as it has been pretty hot. It feels great to me. :) I did get some time to put into my July kit from Express the Moment. Here are my creations. You can always see them at the ETM Facebook page... sometimes I've got stuff up at the ETM Blog page and of course these great monthly kits and other fun things can be found at Express the Moment.

We're coming up on 4 years that I've been able to design for my cute little LSS (Local Scrapbooking Store!) If I have learned anything important over these years it is how important it is to support small local businesses, especially when you have the choice of spending your hard-earned dollars on things at a large chain vs. a small hobbyist store. I've continued to be amazed at how many matching things that Kim finds to put into each monthly kit, right down to the little embellishments that are already stamped, punched or put together for you. I love the strips of coordinating ribbons and the fun patterned papers who sometimes come from lines that I did not know about.

On with the show - this month features paper and embellishments from Teresa Collins called, "Stationery Noted" and it is really cute. I enjoyed making a couple of 12x12 pages from the papers and elements in the kit.



I love that these pages were quick and easy to make out of the papers in the kit.


Here is my July 8x8 page.


There is a whole page full of 3x4" cards that are fun for adding sentiments to, or they can be used as a focal point.



I stamped a "Stamper's Best" stamp on this one.

I used the latest Deconstructed Sketch to make a few cards too.


There is a sheet of coordinating stickers. I used some to make this hexagon pattern on a plain cardstock base. Quick and easy.


There are also some coordinating strips and pieces that you can cut that have sentiments already on them. I think that they make pretty cute cards.


There is a page of chipboard (thick!) stickers in the kit too, that are fun for making sentiments like this.


There is even a little pocket notebook for you to decorate and embellish with whatever you have left over.


Kim also threw in a bunch of patriotic paper that we used last July (hooray for leftovers!).. here are a few cards from last year's kit that you can do again this year or who knows... 




you could use them to make a cute project like this:




I made myself a cute box for storing 6x6 pads... which I seem to keep collecting... this will keep them together nicely on my shelf. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

No comments: