Sunday, May 5, 2013

VCMP - my stuff!

I sure hope that everyone had fun with the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party! We have a couple of these every year and they are always one of my favorite things! I hope that you'll have a little time to hop around and see some of the other creations - the ones that I have seen have been awesome! I hope to spend a little time tonight getting around to see some more.

Hosting my a spot here was definitely fun - I didn't get as many cards of my own done as I would have hoped, but there is always tomorrow. :)

Here is one for the ODBD "Miss You" challenge. I used a stamp from Stamper's Best and a Spellbinder's die, plus an embossing folder by Sizzix and some cute yellow patterned paper that came from a 6x6 stack by Fancy Pants. The sentiment is an old one from a set of sentiments that I have, and I can never remember where they came from. I should write it on the sheet of stamps next time I have them out!

Next was a challenge at Paula's for making cards for kids following an OWH sketch. I used sketch #132 and some more Fancy Pants paper and lots of bling. I colored a little digi girl with my watercolor pencils and added some bling to her earring and belt buckle. Little kid cards are not too hard to come up with ideas for. Tween and teen girls can be a challenge, I think. I hope that somebody has a girly at home that will like this one. :)


My last one is for a challenge over at Sandy's for Romantic cards. I decided to go for several things I don't use much of... yellow, for one, and some Stampin' Up embossing folders. I got the layout for the card from some place on Pinterest. I think that it's a lovely design. I added some bling and a sentiment from that same stamp set as above. I'm not much of a yellow person and might make this design in other colors, but I decided that maybe yellow, for Sandy's challenge would be nice. :)


I didn't get to tweet chat, because I just don't Twitter. :) 

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature


1 comment:

Paula S. said...

Oh I just love your tween girl! Teenagers are such a hard group for me to make cards for and I force myself to do them from time to time...just thinking that we can't leave them out. Someone's daughter is gonna love this Nancy. I think the VCMPs are among the most exciting events that OWH does too. :)