Saturday, February 16, 2013

VCMP #3

Ready for a challenge? Over at BunnyScrap you can learn how to make a "texture omit" pattern that can be run through your Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. The shape that you create makes an area that will not be embossed, leaving behind an interesting "window" or place on that paper that the texture does not happen.

I found this to be both interesting and challenging but I am glad that I did it - as I can now keep my "texture omit" pattern for future projects and store it away in my Cuttlebug supplies in case I want to do this again some day, and I think that I will.


Also used: an old scrap of red white and blue ribbon that I have hoarded for years.
"God Bless America" stamp by someone who makes unmounted, blue rubber stamps. :D
Some red and blue gel pens to accentuate the stamp and stars a little bit.

post signature

3 comments:

Donna said...

I love this! And I have that embossing folder so I could do this one too. Love that pop of color!

Beth L. said...

Gorgeous way to use the technique! I love that star folder and your red, white, and blue ribbon. Thanks for joining in the challenge.

Ann said...

Great card!! I love your ribbon, too!