Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sketch #64

 

Here is today’s sketch from Stars & Stamps . . . I do love to make my sketch cards every weekend! Continuing on with the Manly Man theme I have created a card using the stamp set called “Finish Line” by CTMH.

Here is the sketch:

64

I turned it sideways for this card so that it would better fit the stamp that I used.

indiecar1

Supplies used include: More Kraft cardstock cut to an A-2 size for a base.

I used a layer of silver metallic paper cut to 5.25 x 4” and layered with a piece of black measuring the 3.5 x 4.75 size as shown in the sketch. I ran these through my cuttlebug using the template that looks like tire tread, or the aluminum stuff that you see in a lot of automotive places. Kirsten says it looks like the toolbox on her truck. :)

I layered again with a blaze orange paper (very manly) and a piece of white that I stamped the Indie car on. I stamped the checkered flags on orange and colored them in with a white gel pen.

indiecar2

Here are some fun techniques used in this stamped image. . . I gave the car some motion by stamping it first in the bottom right corner. Then, without re-inking I moved the stamp up and to the left a little bit and stamped again. Then I moved the stamp up and to the left again and stamped a third time. This is called second and third generation stamping and it is really fun to do to make it look like your car. . . or whatever. . . is moving somewhere. Plus, I think it makes it look the dust clouds look pretty cool. :)

Also, I distressed the edges of my white mat by using direct – to – paper distressing. This means that I used my black stamp to apply ink directly to the edges of the paper – instead of using a cat – eye or a sponge dauber that leaves a more softly distressed look. DTP distressing is more chunky  and hard looking. I think it goes good with the manly – man look of this card. Fun!

Back later with more of today’s sketch cards, this sketch is easy and fun!

15 comments:

Dawn said...

U did a fantastic job with this one. I found it really hard this is perfect!

airbornewife said...

wow... now that's one awesome card!

thanks for sharing ~ Pam

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen M said...

Awesome card! I really love this.

Danni said...

Fabulous card! Wow!

Julie said...

Love it, Nancy! Awesome masculine card! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Paula S. said...

The motion effect in this is awesome Nancy. Love that embossing folder and the color combination. Spectacular work, as usual! :)

Nancy F. said...

Love the race car and how you combined it with the diamond plate folder! Great job!

Cindy said...

Terrific card!!! Love everything about it!
hugs,
Cindy

Sherry Hickey said...

Awesome, exciting card! That is going to be a hit with the guys (my nephew would love it)!!

Donna Hanley said...

What a great card. I am a racing nut so I really was drawn to this one. I love your technique on this one. It really shows the motion in the car. Thanks for sharing

Esther said...

Really cool card. Thanks for the detail description on how you created it.

Unknown said...

nike free, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, air max, ugg boots, replica watches, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin, nike free, ugg boots, nike roshe run, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton

Unknown said...

nike free, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, longchamp, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, air max, ugg boots, replica watches, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin, nike free, ugg boots, nike roshe run, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton

ahmed deraz said...

خدمات العين – المحترف للصيانة – الامارات
شركات صيانة المباني فى العين
ترميم واجهات المبانى العين